Tuesday, July 6, 2010

In Loving Memory

In loving memory of Austin R. Gammell, beloved Grandaddy.
(all photos by smyc, these are my most beautiful photographs to date, they are amazing to me and i'm so very proud to have known grandaddy, even if just for a little while.)

Guardian Angel
At times when I am feeling sad
and think that no one cares,
I feel the vibrations of your wings
and know that you are here.

I then feel your tender touch
as you enfold me with His Love.
A yearning prayer has come to earth,
sent down from Father above.

I can never deny your presence.
You fill my heart with song.
All sad thoughts simply disappear,
knowing that I am not alone.

You loan me strength when I give out.
And you raise my courage up.
I can face my troubles head-on
Mortal thanks is not enough.

I will live each day I have
in humbleness and in prayer.
With heartfelt words I'll write
and with all others, share.

Author: Lottie Ann Knox

2 comments: