Wednesday, June 2, 2010

BFF Altered Book Challenge

While looking around on http://inkstainswithroni.blogspot.com/, I came across her BFF Altered Book Challenge! It's listed on the right hand side. All you have to do is follow the challenges that are posted every Tuesday and when you're done, you'll have a nice Altered Book to give to your BFF. The challenges started March 23,2010, I say better late than never! First of all, I had to create a "book". I decided to recycle by using a cereal box.


I cut the box so that I have one big piece. I used brown craft paper to cover the box.


I crinkled the brown craft paper, giving it a texture. Then I used regular Elmer's School Glue and covered the box with the brown craft paper.


Fold the covered box piece in half. This creates your book cover.


I crinkled pink poster paper that my girls brought home from school to use as the pages of my book.



Fold the paper and cut to fit.


I used a nail to make holes to attach wire to hold the book together. You can also use ribbon.


This is what the book will look like when you nail the holes.

I used wire and beads to hold my book together. It's a thin gauge wire, easy to bend and wrap.



This is what the inside of the book looks like once the wire has been added.


This is the completed book with paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment