Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Milestone

My baby girls graduated 5th grade today! They're taking a big step to 6th grade next year, a whole different world. Part of the growing up process, the process that me, as a mom, get teary eyed just to think about! The older they get the more of their own person they become. I'm extremely proud of them, they both earned A/B averages in academics and conduct. :) I wasn't expecting to have twins, let alone twin girls! It was such a surprise to find out I was pregnant with twins! My husband and I were both dumbfounded. When we told our son Caleb, three years old at the time, that mommie had two babies in her belly, his eyes got big around and he said, "TWO babies"?! I'll never forget him always saying TWO babies! :) It was precious! Today as I watched my girls get their metals and certificates, I remembered when they were babies, the first day home from the hospital. We sat their carriers down and I said aloud, "what do I do with them now"? lol And in the blink of an eye, a snap of the finger, they're eleven years old, going to junior high school next year. Becoming beautiful young ladies, preteens. I'll continue to cherish every moment of everyday and continue to encourage them to "always follow their hearts"...
"A Mother Holds Her Childs Hands A While,
Their Hearts Forever..."

No comments:

Post a Comment